Position: Full-time Senior Program Manager, ABD Productions / Skywatchers
Supervisor: Anne Bluethenthal, Artistic Director
This is a unique opportunity to take a leadership role in a ground-breaking and award winning community-based arts program rooted in San Francisco’s Tenderloin District. The Senior Program Manager (SPM) will work closely with the Artistic Director, Anne Bluethenthal, to manage and oversee the program artistically and administratively. With room for growth and autonomy, as well as collaboration, the SPM will help to shape and implement the vision for moving Skywatchers into its next phase, which will include both advancing neighborhood leadership of the program and creating more national visibility.
Since its founding in 1984, ABD Productions has nourished a deep commitment to collaboration across difference, and the creation of works of art that awaken our collective humanity. Through bold and nuanced choreographies, strategic engagement of cross-disciplinary practice, and a guiding belief in the power of relationships to catalyze social change, ABD makes work that injects the possibility of transformation and beauty into complex and challenging subjects.
Skywatchers is ABD Productions’ core program. An eight-year artistic collaboration with Tenderloin residents, and a durational commitment to their histories and urgencies, Skywatchers brings residents of San Francisco’s Tenderloin District into partnership with professional artists to create multi-disciplinary, site-specific performance installations. Together we make works that amplify the rich and complex stories, life experiences, and talents of community members, positioning them in the civic discourse and in the global art and social change movement.
Learn more about ABD and Skywatchers at www.abdproductions.org
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with Artistic Director, Artist Facilitators, and participants to articulate the program vision, map strategy, and facilitate program implementation
- Maintains consistent organizational communication with Artist Facilitators and other team members working directly with community members at Skywatcher sites
- Creates production calendar for Skywatcher events, securing site availability and managing outreach to partners, participants and public
- Collaborates with Artistic Director in developing organizational partnerships
- Partners with Artistic Director to maintain a presence in the community, attending and representing Skywatchers at various community meetings throughout the Tenderloin and Central Market districts
- Maintains oversight of program implementation at all Skywatcher sites
- Daily administrative tasks: organizing, responding to emails, and keeping the ABD calendar current
- Manages organizational presence and outreach through eblasts, social media, and website
- Writes press releases and distributes to the appropriate venues
- Assists with grantwriting and fundraising research and inquiry
- Maintains big picture view of the program, while assessing progress and areas for growth
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Assertive, confident, energetic individual who is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively and is interested in high level strategic thinking and developing leadership capabilities
- Knowledge of the history of community-based art and contemporary issues in the field
- Self-directed and motivated individual with knowledge of, and experience in contemporary performing-and community-engaged arts
- Skillful and comfortable in internet-based communications
- Strong research, writing, and oral communication skills a must
- Highly developed social skills including both diplomacy and the ability to successfully navigate multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, operate under pressure, prioritize work assignments, and manage concurrent projects
- Grant-writing experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office a must
- Experience working with data management a plus
- Experience working in Adobe Creative Suite a plus
HOURS and SALARY
This is a full time position; salary depends on experience. Room for advancement.
Position open August 1, 2019; open until filled.
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org: a cover letter, CV, and two 500-word writing samples demonstrating both analytical and marketing language